Our vision is to “create innovative, vibrant young leaders and entrepreneurs in Engineering and Technology for building the nation as knowledge power and empowering the rural community towards evolving a knowledge society with equity and amity”.
To provide excellent, inclusive engineering education with high values to reach the unreached.
The Branch of Civil Engineering, the mother of all Engineering Branches, was started in the year 2012 in our College, and has since grown into a full-fledged Department on par with international standards in all areas of Civil Engineering. The faculty members are well qualified and experienced and have got training from reputed institutions. The department has many world-class facilities for carrying out teaching, research and consultation activities in various disciplines of Civil Engineering
BE - Civil Engineering
4 years (Regular) / 3 Years (Lateral Entry)
No. of Semesters:
8 (Regular) / 6(Lateral Entry)
Intake / No. of Seats:
Total - 60
10+2 system of Education. Must have secured a pass in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in the qualifying examination.
For more information
Building control surveyor | CAD technician | Consulting civil engineer | Contracting civil engineer | Design engineer | Nuclear engineer | Site engineer | Structural engineer | Water engineer | Architects | Surveyors | Urban and Regional Planners | Building services engineer | Construction manager | Engineering geologist | Environmental consultant | Geotechnical engineer | Patent attorney | Quantity surveyor | Sustainability consultant | Urban designer
Scope for Higher Studies:
- M.S./ M.E. / M.Tech. / M.B.A.
- Survey Practical Laboratory
- Strength of Materials Laboratory
- Hydraulic Engineering Laboratory
- Soil Mechanics Laboratory
- Construction Materials Laboratory
- Environmental Engineering Laboratory
- Computer Aided Design Laboratory
- Concrete and Highway Engineering Laboratory
- Building Drawing Laboratory
- Well equipped laboratories & Library
- Excellent Skill Development, Placement training, GATE, GRE Coaching
- Experienced Faculty in all Specialization
- Real time exposure through Internship in reputed companies
- Ongoing consultancy work in concrete, soil and Environmental Laboratories
- Guidance, mentoring and support
• From final year civil department students G.S Gayathri, S. Karthiga, S. Kiruthika, P.Vinothini got funded project from Tamil Nadu State Council for Science and Technology in the title of “Utilization of Fish waste for production of Biogas and Vermi-compositing“ under the guidance of Mr. R. Kokilan
Students Achievement - Academic
• In Independence Day, Jacinth Jeba Ranjitham, Hephzibah Grace, Mariyathal, Karthika, Kalaivani and Kanagavalli have got prizes in Speech, Essay writing and Rangoli Competitions.
• P. Vinothini & G.S. Gayathiri from final year students has got 2nd prize in paper presentation at Jai Shree Ram Engineering College, Tirupur
• R. Surya from III year civil department won in short film competition held at Dr.NGP institute of technology, Coimbatore
• G S Gayathiri, Mariyathal, Anbu Murugesan, Karthick, Pradeep Rathina kumar, Muthurani, Kalaivani, Sheeba, Kiruthiga S, Vinothini has attended Workshop at Kongu Engineering College
• R. Hephzibah Grace from Final Year student act as the president in SCAD IT Rotract club and coordinated 15 programs.
• From final year civil department students 7 teams are applied the funded project to Tamil Nadu State Council for Science and Technology under the guidance of department faculties.
• Mariyathal, Kalaivani, Kiruthiga, Kanagavalli and Hepzhiba Grace of final year students has participated in Rotract Training Seminar held at Tamilnadu College of Engineering, Coimbatore
• In Pongal Celebration, Civil Engineering Students got first prize in “Parampariya Unavu Thiruvila”
• In Engineers Day Celebration, our final year students got prizes for their innovative projects in title of “Biogas Plant”
• R. Hephzibah Grace got “Best Secretary Award” from Tirupur Rotract club and participated in “District Trainer Workshop” at Calicut.
Students Achievement - Sports
• R Karthick from II year, S. Sakthi from III Year and T Elanchezhiyan from Final year of civil department participated in KPR Trophy held at KPR Institute of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore
• Karthick and Gideon from II Year, Sakthi from III year and Pradhap from final year students has participated in Volley Ball match at RVS College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore.
• In SCAD World School – Junior Athletic Meet 2018, our department students act as the students volunteers through the event.
Students Achievement – Online Courses
• 35 Final year students are registered NPTEL - E Learning courses and studied.
• 45 Students are registered in Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) under Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) - E Learning courses and studied
Students Achievement – Skill Training
• Short term course on Total Station Training Program was conducted from 18/12/2018 to 22/12/2018 (5 days) with the help of Presto land Survey Institute, Salem
• Skill Week was conducted for 5 days. During this training, Concrete Bench, Rain Gauge and SCAD Knowledge City Model was constructed by students.
• 3 days Model Building training was conducted
Head of the Department
(Head of the Department)
• Inauguration of Students Chapter by Fedaration of all Civil Engineers Association of Tamil Nadu and Puduchery on 15 September 2018
• Palladam Civil Engineers Association (PCEA) on 15 September 2018
• Presto land Survey Institute, Salem on 18 December 2018
• V land’s best Hub, Coimbatore on 23 November 2018
• RS Windtech Engineers Private Limited, Kanyakumari District on 23 February 2019
Consultancy Center Developed
• Centre for Construction Materials testing & Consultancy (CCMTC) was developed with the help of Palladam Civil Engineers Association and run by Our Own students.
• 3 Consultancy project was carried out.
Autodesk Design Academy Developed
• Autodesk Design Academy was development in SCAD Institute of Technology. It helps educators introduce students to the world of design with free, hands-on supplementary projects and course materials
Site / Industry Visited
• Plastering work was practically visited in Majestic residence of SCAD IT
• Pile Load Test was practically visited with the help of PWD Highway at Ukkadam Flyover Bridge, Coimbatore
• Ready Mix Concrete was practically visited with the help of RPP Ready mix Concrete, Coimbatore
• Field Visit of Contour survey was carried out at Udagamandalam
• Field Visit of harbor construction was carried out at Kochi Fort
Faculty Development Program
• TCS Faculty Development Program on “Presentation Skills” was conducted on 29 September 2018.
• 5 days Faculty Development Program on “Total Station” was conducted from 18 December 2018 to 22 December 2018
Inplant Training – Company List
UNIQUE Technology, Coimbatore
LCM Properties, Coimbatore
SS Builders, Tirupur
Bharathi Consultancy, Tirupur
Sankara Associates, Coimbatore
Raja Construction, Tirupur
Pyramid Construction, Udumalpet
Idea Construction, Avinashi
Litz Tech, Saracvanampatti
Sri Benthoor Builders, Tirupur
Skill Development / Workshop / Seminar / Training / Program Conducted
• Yoga Training was conducted for all the students on 11 September 2018.
• 97th Bharathiyar Memorial day was celebrated in the department on 12 September 2018.
• APJ Kalam birth day was celebrated in the department on 15 October 2018.
• One day seminar on “Recent software’s in civil engineering” was conducted on July 2018.
• One day seminar on “Recent Trends in Construction Technology” was Conducted on 8 September 2018
• Engineers Day Celebration was conducted with Palladam Civil Engineers Association (PCEA) and Fedaration of all Civil Engineers Association of Tamil Nadu and Puduchery on 15 September 2018.
• One day Training on “Foundation Marking” was conducted on November 2018.
• Two days National level workshop on “Hands on training on Total station” was conducted from 25 February 2019 to 2 March 2019 (Phase I, II, III – 2 days per phase).
• One day Seminar on “Recent Software’s” was conducted with help of CADD Centre on 5 March 2019.
• Skill Development for Schools students – 30 Schools – Visited and Program Conducted.