Computer Science and Engineering
To create the most conducive environment for quality academic and research oriented undergraduate and postgraduatein department of Computer Science & Engineering producing competent professionals with research and innovation skills, inculcating moral values and societal concerns.
1. To provide quality education to meet the need of profession and society.
2. To impart a learning ambience in problem solving skills, leadership qualities, team-spirit and ethical values.
3. To interact and collaborate with industries through Industry Institute Interaction program to enhance the entrepreneurship skills.
4. To promote research based projects in the emerging areas of technology convergence.
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering was formally established in the year academic year 2012. It has evolved as a comprehensive student-centric approach designed to add significant value to the learner in an integrated manner through lab sessions, assignments, trainings, seminars, and independent study. The department is gifted with very young, energetic and committed faculty members to guide the students in all the aspects.
BE - Civil Engineering
4 years (Regular) / 3 Years (Lateral Entry)
No. of Semesters:
8 (Regular) / 6(Lateral Entry)
Intake / No. of Seats:
Total - 60
10+2 system of Education. Must have secured a pass in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in the qualifying examination.
For more information
Software Developer | Database Administrator | Computer Hardware Engineer | Computer Systems Analyst | Computer Network Architect | Web Developer | Information Security Analyst | IT Administrator| Software Tester| Mobile App Developer
Scope for Higher Studies:
- M.S./ M.E. / M.Tech. / M.B.A.
Data Structures Lab
Object Oriented Programming Lab
Operating System Lab
Database Management System Lab
Internet Programming Lab
Computer Graphics Lab
Problem Solving and Python Lab
Mobile Application Development Lab
Grid and Computing Lab
• The department provides 24 X 7 Wi-Fi Connectivity with 10 Mbps with 4G Technology.
• The department is a member of the ORACLE Academy, Redhat Academy.
• Effective guidance is provided for the students to succeed in exams such as GATE, GRE, TOEFL, GMAT and CAT.
• The laboratories are powered by an Oracle 9i server, a windows 2013 server and linux server which are connected through LAN.
• Well experienced, dedicated and highly qualified faculties are the backbone of the department. The excellent academic performance of our students is due to high degree of involvement and dedication of our faculty.
• They give individual attention to the students and make them excel in curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
Achievements by Faculty
A few of our faculty have a distinction of being reviewers and editorial board members of international journals of various disciplines.
1. Dr N.B. Mahesh Kumar has completed and received course completion certificate for NPTEL course on Design and Analysis of Algorithms and is a reviewer in various journals.
2. Mr. S. Muthulingam has received Certificate of Appreciation as SPOC for the SWAYAM NPTEL Local Chapter.
3. Dr. N.B. Mahesh Kumar, Mr. S. Muthulingam were attended Launching of IBM LEARNNOVATE Programme conducted by Adroit Technologies, Coimbatore at Taj Hotel, Coimbatore on 20.11.2019.
4. Dr. N.B. Mahesh Kumar has participated in ICT Academy Sponsored Two Days Faculty Programme on Introduction to R Programming at Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore from 22.11.2019 and 23.11.2019.
5. Dr. N.B. Mahesh Kumar has participated in ICT Academy NVIDIA Academic Connect, at Vivanta by Taj - Surya, Coimbatore on 08.10.2018.
6. Mrs. A.P. Subapriya, Mr. Mohammed Noordheen, Mr. S.Muthulingam, Mrs. S.Saranya, and Mrs. K.Nisha Devi were attended online NPTEL course on Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems.
7. Mrs. A.P. Subapriya is doing online NPTEL course on Compiler Design.
8. Mr. S.Muthulingam is doing online NPTEL course on Big Data Computing.
9. Mrs. S.Saranya, Mrs. K.Nisha Devi are doing online NPTEL course on Cryptography and Network Security.
My hearty congratulations to all the awardees who have brought laurels to our college.
Achievements by students
Our students, guided by the faculty, have proved their talents and skills in numerous ways and have brought laurels to the institute.
Students of our college have been actively participating in various events held at national level and won many awards.
1. S.Mukesh, M.Pradeep III year CSE were participated in International Seminar on Block Chain Technology at Sasurie College of Engineering, Vijaymangalam on 23.07.2018.
2. S.Mukesh, M.Pradeep, Rakesh prabhu.M, Saravanakumar.A, Samson raja.A, Petchiraja S, Arun B, were participated in Short Film Event and won 3rd Prize conducted in 30th week celebration for Road Safety at NIFT-TEA, Tirupur on 07.02.2019.
3. S.Mukesh, Rakesh Prabhu, Saravanan, III year CSE were participated inTwo Days National Level workshop on Smart Surveillance and Monitoring using Rasberry Pi with IOT at Hindustan Institute of Technology, Coimbatore from 16.08.2018 & 20.08.2018.
4. Shyam Kumar, IV year CSE were participated inTwo Days National Level workshop on Smart Surveillance and Monitoring using Rasberry Pi with IOT at Hindustan Institute of Technology, Coimbatore from 16.08.2018 & 20.08.2018.
5. Petchiraja S, II year CSE, Mukesh.S, IV year CSE were participated in Short Film Event at Sasurie College of Engineering, Vijaymangalam and won 1st Prize on 26.02.2019.
6. Pavithra, III CSEwas participated inThrow Ball at KPR Institute of Technology, Coimbatore on 13.08.2018.
7. Anish Kumar, III year CSEwas participated inVolley Ball at KPR Institute of Technology, Coimbatore on 13.08.2018.
8. Aswin, IV year CSE was participated inFootball at KPR Institute of Technology, Coimbatore on 13.08.2018.
9. Nanda Gopal, IV year CSE was participated inKabadi at KPR Institute of Technology, Coimbatore on 13.08.2018.
Head of the Department
ProfN B Mahesh Kumar
(Head of the Department)
The research forum of SCAD Institute of Technology has been actively involved in promoting innovation and research activities. Our students have also submitted 5 project proposals to TNSCST.
Conferences / Seminars / Workshops/ Guest Lectures organized by CSE department
Our college values continuing education and constantly encourages the departments to organize conferences, seminars and workshops. Thus it creates opportunities to the faculty to develop themselves professionally and also to disseminate knowledge. An international conference was organized by CSE department in this academic year 2018-2019. Here are the details:
The IEEE sponsored International Conference on Intelligent Sustainable Systems (ICISS-2019) was organized and conducted by the CSE department on 21st and 22nd of February 2019. The conference titled, “ICISS-2019” (INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INTELLIGENT SUSTAINABLE SYSTEMS) was a significant event of SCAD IT. Sustainable Systems will provide an outstanding international forum for scientists from all over the world to share ideas and achievements in the theory and practice of all areas of inventive systems which includes artificial intelligence, automation systems, computing systems, electronics systems, electrical and informative systems etc.
The event started with a formal welcome note by Dr. N.B Mahesh Kumar, Prof & Head, Department of CSE. Dr. A.Ramesh, Principal SCADIT presents the Presidential address and Dr.D.Nirmal, Chair-IEEE ED Coimbatore chapter was the guest of honor. Dr. N. Mohan Kumar, Founder Chairman, IEEE EDS, Madras chapter was the chief guest of this Conference. MrsV.Sudha (Ph.D) conference chair of SCADIT and the heads of the department were took part in the grand event.
In this conference totally 345 papers were received from the following countries: India, Malaysia, China, Iran, Taiwan, Japan and USA. Among 345 papers, 145 papers were accepted for presentation to maintain the quality of conference. In these 95 papers were registered for our conference including people from other states. All the papers have been reviewed by the subject experts from various reputed institutions and industry. All the registered papers will be published in IEEE Xplore, All the students and faculty members eagerly participated and graced this occasion.
Our college encourages our faculty to invite experts from industries and academia to deliver guest lectures at our college. A total of 11 guest lectures were organized by CSE department. They are:
1. Placement Awareness Programme was conducted by Sr. Territory Manager, HireMee, Bangalore for final year students on 04.07.2018.
2. Online Skill Assessment Test was conducted by Sr. Territory Manager, HireMee, Bangalore for final year students on 05.07.2018.
3. A Guest lecture about Introduction to PCB Designing, Embedded Systems, Python and Networking by Mr. A.Jaiger, Managing Director, Stornics, Coimbatore on 13.07.2018.
4. A Guest lecture about Recent Trends in IT Industry by Mr. SabarinathanMuthu, Executive Manager, Gateway Software Solutions, Coimbatore, Python and Networking by Mr. A.Jaiger, Managing Director, Stornics, Coimbatore on 13.07.2018.
5. A Guest lecture about Motivation & Recent Trend in IT by MrS.Vivek from ASTRAZENCA India Pvt Ltd-Chennai on 11.08.2018
6. A Guest lecture about Cloud Computing by Mrs. A.FlorenceReena, Associate Technical Lead, CTS, Coimbatore on 08.09.2018.
7. A Guest lecture about Android Development Mr. Praveen, Android Developer, Uniq Technologies, Coimbatore on 05.01.2019.
8. A Guest lecture about Image Processing by Mr. Karthick Shankar, MATLAB Software Developer, Blue Mount Technologies, Coimbatore on 02.02.2019.
9. A Guest lecture about Web Development by Mr. S.Lohanathan, UI Developer, Digicliff Software, Solutions, Coimbatore on 02.02.2019.
10. CSE Association was inaugurated by Mr. MadhanBabuBhoopal, Technical Lead, Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Ltd, Coimbatore on 16.02.2019.
11. A Guest lecture about Web Development by Mr. M.Kumar, Central Manager, LIVEWIRE, Tirupur on 23.02.2019.
1. II, III, IV year CSE students with faculty members Mr.MohammedNoordhen, Mrs. A.P.Subapriya and Mrs. Saranya went undergone in Industrial visit at Gateway Software Solutions(G3S), Coimbatore on 03.08.2018 andCegonsoftPvt Ltd, Bangalore from 05.10.2018 to 06.10.2018.