SCAD Institute of Technology
SCAD Institute of Technology was established in the year 2012 with the vision to train the young enthusiastic engineers to inculcate technical and entrepreneurial training and to bestow the quality education for the betterment of our nation.
The college is located at the outskirts of the Coimbatore and Tiruppur city and it is easily connected by road, rail and air.
Students of SCAD Institute of Technology is given the opportunity to pursue first-rate and advanced technical education regardless of background, gender or financial constraints. The necessity to promote most advantageous learning and service is well harmonized and clearly expressed by allowing students to successfully plan their education and competently achieve the education they needed. Curricular and co-curricular programs form an integral part of the curriculum and help students to have commanding incorporation of theory and practical knowledge. Each individual is motivated to increase the gravity of responsibility and be committed to serve the nation.
The college is full of opportunities where students' talents can thrive and it systematically transforms a graduate to a future ready professional. The institution is open to the exchange of ideas, where discovery, creativity, personal and professional development can flourish. It is a responsive, student-oriented institution that is committed to the creation, dissemination, and acquisition of knowledge through teaching, research and service.
• The college is located on Palladam-Pollachi highway, which is easily accessible from the main road.
• Pollution free, Clean and green environment of around 600 acres with mass infra-structure.
• SCAD IT is a part of SCAD group of institutions which is almost a pioneer in providing quality technical education with a history of about 34 years in educational services.
• Knowledge and resource sharing is carried out constantly with our group of institutions.
• Highly equipped labs with all equipments.
• Central library with around 10,000 plus books and a digital library with around 2232 e- journals.
• Skill gap is addressed by value added courses: Stadd pro, embedded & PLC design Etc., during vacation.
• Placement training starts from 1st year along with academics.
• Minimum study materials (MSM) are available in the websites which helps the slow learners to score good marks.
• Modern teaching methodology is implemented through RBT based facilitations, virtual class room, ICT tools and we concentrate more on the topics that are beyond the syllabus.
• During the academic year (2017 & 2018) around 60 companies conducted placement drive and 70% of eligible candidates are placed.
• Excellent academic results through individual care.
• SCAD outreach programmes enable the students and the staff members to involve in social welfare activities and make them realize their responsible towards it.
• Foreign languages (French, German etc.) are also taught based on student’s interest.
• Various CLUB activities are conducted to enhance and develop the students e.g. TALENT club, Phonetic Club, Tamil Mandram, Nature green club, Rotatory club, Women harassment cell Etc.
• Elite and clean rooms with attached toilets in the hostel.
• Healthy and delicious food with proper diet chart (VEG & NON-VEG).
• Proper time schedule concentrate on both academics and sports.
• Classified room standard facilities based on student’s convenience (AC/NON-AC).
- Mineral water
- 24/7 power supply
- 24/7 medical facilities
- 24/7 CCTV surveillance
- Cot with mattresses
- Internet connectivity(WiFi) - 10Mbps.
• Wide and majestic college sports ground facilitate the students to participate in all sports activities.
• Swimming pool, horse riding, auditorium for indoor games, yoga hall, tennis court, open stadium.
• Organized SCAD trophy on Pro kabaddi.
• Concession in fees for sports persons on sports quota.
• Each department has their own MoU with the reputed companies for industrial visits, seminars and internships.
• Placement and training is provided for the students by the recruiters.
• MoU with L&T for advanced welding technology.
• MoU with IBM for research centre.
• Guest lectures are given by the industrial experts and scholars from renowned institutions on the current engineering developments & scenario.
• Academic partnership with leading universities.
Student friendly campus:
• Modern decent dresses are permitted.
• Students are free to choose their own sports and extra-curricular activities.
• Permitted to attend other college functions, sports and academic events (symposium, cultural competitions).
• Students can avail the college lab equipment for doing their own projects.
• Student can do their final year project with the knowledge gained through value added courses.
• Alumni’s meeting is conducted periodically. Alumni interact with current students and insist on actual industry requirements.
• Festival celebrations.
• Appreciation for rank holding students with trophies and merit scholarships.
• Semester wise fee payment system, which eases the burden of parents economically.
• Reporting the departure and arrival time of the students by the wardens of the hostel.
• Parents and teachers meet periodically.
• Student assessment report is mailed through post periodically.